Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Breakin' up is hawd 2 du.

This is the BR here, bringing it to ya from the mutha-shyp ka-nex-shun.Haa haa. I'm silly. I know. But on to it...shall we?

I found an article on Facebook statuses and breaking up

I was intrigued.
The Facebook Break Up Chart.

And another more humorous version on Lemondrop.com.


My thoughts on it? I think breaking up happens. It's a fact of life. People meet. People develop an attraction. People's relationships run their courses. However, in this day in age, I find that people tend to wear masks and aren't true to themselves so it makes it difficult for them to be true with others. People put up a front (a mask of who they think they are or want to be) and attracts certain people who are attracted to that type or mask and when that person gets comfortable and takes off  the mask they find their significant other not as attracted to or that significant other realizes that person isn't a right fit for them. I've seen this happen. I've done this myself. I've ended up with my heart bled dry on the floor. It surrounds me (especially in a city like LA.) I know this to be true.

People do spend too much time on Facebook and social networks and not enough time interacting with real people on a real level. Of course you'll have people wearing masks. People care too much about how they are perceived on the net than how they actually are in reality. I spend a $hit#% of time on the computer. I'm not perfect. Never said I was. But I observe. It's important to make time for friends. To go out. To spend equal amount of time interacting then being on the computer. I also find important for ME time. (Yay to 1.5 hours of  daily ME time.) It's all a balance.

I don't disapprove of Facebook or social networks. I find there are positive aspects. But it enables the MASK element of some relationships. Again, there is a need for balance. The desired effect is what you get. Besides, if wasn't for facebook or mutual friends, I wouldn't have met the RO.

Enough ranting...

I was thoroughly intrigued/amused by the above mentioned subject and its data, However, I feel it should be accompanied by this type of chart:

'Cause breaking up is a difficult process. And most people just #$%^ it up even more than it already is.

Anyhoo, keep it real, people. Keep. It. Real.

Over and out.

--BR

Ps. IN ADDITION: not sure how accurate the Facebook Break up chart is really...being that some people on Facebook don't "display" their relationship status on their profile. Hmmm...still...interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment