Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Household Financial Crisis...

Financial debt is like the plague. Swift to kill. Makes you fall into a really bad place.

I am working towards getting out of my debt. Slowly, but surely. Checking funds weekly, sometimes daily. Keeping to a strict budget. Paying bills on time. Building back some good credit.

I wish I had something like Learnvest when I was in college. It's a God-sent really. Even though it's targeted for women, the budgeting tools can be used by all and are super helpful. Instead, I found Money Management International . It helped me consolidate all my credit card debt that was accrued from college and post-grad.

Fun times.

Looking at the previous article on the US Debt to other countries I took a gander at another NPR article which is a snapshot of the Household Financial Crisis. It says consumer debt has fallen to $11.4 trillion. And that's a good thing. I'm being positive. Feel positive. Good budgeting practices start in the home. Hopefully, in the years to come, we'll be able to get out of the national financial crisis we are in now. *Fingers-crossed .*

And of course, they have a chart!

No comments:

Post a Comment